Thursday, February 9, 2012

Be my Valentine


So many people have strong feelings towards Valentines Day. There are those that expect lavish gifts and those that loathe "Singles Awareness Day". Whether you love it or hate it Valentines day dominates the month of February.  I always loved Valentines day in elementary school, everyone in the class filling each others bag with little cards. I especially loved the Lisa Frank Valentines <3 I miss this stuff =)


I like to take Valentines Day as an opportunity to love myself, whether I am in a relationship or not. I take a long bath, massage myself with oils, watch a sappy movie, eat too much chocolate... maybe even bake a heart shaped cake in a sexy apron. Why not!? All awesome things to do solo,  or with your main squeeze <3


These are some special things I like to do for myself on Valentines...

  • Take a relaxing bath! Aura Cacia bath products are amazing!  Nourish and sooth your skin with organic milk powder combined with pure organic lavender, helichrysum and lemon balm essential oils to give you a complete aromatherapy skin relief experience. Doesn't that sound great? They have a few different ones but I chose this one for Valentines.
Aromatherapy Bath Products
  • After your bath take the time to massage your body starting with your feet and working your way up towards the heart. I love Badger Balm, their products are chemical and cruelty free. So you can feel good about making yourself feel good! I love the Vanilla Orchid. The oils are a nice alternative to lotion and they leave your skin feeling so soft and touchable <3
Antioxidant body oils
 Natural care products are the best way to care for yourself while caring about the environment. Love yourself, love the Earth <3

  • Treat yourself!  Strawberries and cream are the perfect valentines day treat. I have no problems eating a sexy dessert like this any day of the year it is so decadent and delicious. I got this recipe from Strawberries For Strawberry Lovers so you know these people are experts. I changed up the recipe a bit to include organic ingredients and cane sugar instead of refined white sugar.

Strawberries and Cream Dessert Recipe
  • 3 Cups (750 mL) Organic Strawberries
  • 2 Cups (500 mL) Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 2 Teaspoons (10 mL) Organic Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Tablespoons (30 mL) Organic Granulated Cane Sugar
The first thing to do is to cut the strawberries in half, then whip the cream until it starts to firm up. After the cream begins to become stiff, stir in the sugar and vanilla extract, and finish whipping the cream mixture until it becomes truly stiff. Spoon the strawberries and cream into the serving dishes in alternating layers, and enjoy!

If you want liquid cream, just add the vanilla and sugar to the cream; stir them together; pour them over your strawberries; and you're done!

....and remember!

No matter how you chose to celebrate or not to celebrate~ Valentines Day is a day for love. Show love in everything you do and to everyone you see. Try to be extra conscious in your interactions with people during day to day encounters. Also, spend some extra time loving on the non-human friends in your life that show you love every day ~*

Cheers!

<3 HoneyGem





No comments:

Post a Comment