Saturday, June 20, 2015

Weekend Warrior

Since moving to Roanoke in early May things have been a bit of an adjustment.  It's a new place with a lot to offer and I am so excited about embracing The Star City as my home. We have already become members of the local co-op and found a great coffee house. I am sure many more photos featuring this awesome location and coffee are to follow.  Every Saturday the Center in the Square is transformed into a bustling marketplace. There are local artists and soap makers selling their goodies, farm stands filled with fresh local produce and plants. I always want a new plant but our house is filling up with them and I have no furniture to set them on. Alas I have to fight the urge to adopt all the little plants that catch my eye. This weekend I am trying to be a little more casual and put the sheer lace and heels aside and stride around in effortlessly cool outfits and comfortable sandals that will not hurt my feet as I explore all the vendors today. Cheers to the weekend folks!






 It goes with out saying that Free People makes up the majority of my wardrobe. This shirt being one of my all time favorites. The We The Free blank canvas tunic is perfection. It allows me to feature whatever strappy bra I feel like rocking that day and it has weapons on it. The buffalo nickel hat by Minnetonka is a beautiful and well crafted hat. I have a small head so I love that they make a size small. The necklace is a blend of chain and leather with three quarts crystals by JAKIMAC.  It's edgy but the crystals have a softness to them that makes the necklace less aggressive. My ponytail holders came from a lovely Native American woman named Snow Eagle I met at a Mattaponi Powwow.   Love love love!








No comments:

Post a Comment